Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Highlighting in Word - Outlook issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yarlac

yarlac

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

70% of the time when I try to highlight anything I click and drag over the selection and as soon as I release the mouse button the highlighted selection unhighlights. Sometimes it only catches one word in a sentence. In Outlook when I click on an email for the preview in the right hand screen the email opens many times. Both these issues are getting worse the past few days.

Edited by hamluis, 16 December 2015 - 01:52 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:05 PM

There have been issues with at least one recent update to MS-Office 2010 (I encountered it with the one released on 12/8/2015) and, perhaps, other versions of Office as well.

See the thread I started on the Microsoft Community Forums.  You could try uninstalling recent updates to MS-Office one-by-one to see if you go back to normal.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 yarlac

yarlac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

I'm running Office 2007 and don't know how to check what updates have been done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users