Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Driver Kernel stopped responding and has successfully recoverd

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky143

Rocky143

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:00 AM

Whenever i play a game while selecting a option high performance NVIDIA processor from the side menu..after 10-15mins my laptop hangs and shows the message "Display Driver Kernel Has stopped responding and has successfully recovered".The system remains hang and non responsive then i have to force shutdown by pressing the power button.Before it was usually for a particular game now the message started to come for other games also.

Anyone knows the reason and have a solution..??I 'm not a computer expert so if any details needed please do ask?Attached File  nvidia.JPG   19.92KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:00 PM

This is usually due to problems with the graphics driver.  

Go to the manufacturer's website and download a new driver, boot into Safe Mode, uninstall the old driver, then install the new one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:41 PM

ok...i will give it a try..

#4 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:32 AM

update:

sorry for late reply...i uninstalled the drivers of nvidia and reinstalled with latest updates...

also i had issue with games only..figured out 1 game wasn't properly installed and reinstalled that too...since then didnt see the message after that!! :thumbup2:

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

Good to hear. :santa:

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users