Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot play music through laptop speakers via bluetooth!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky143

Rocky143

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:45 AM

Hi guys..I have a small problem and unfortunately the microsoft couldn't provide me a solution for this...

Since i upgraded to win 10 i could not play music from my phone through laptop speakers via bluetooth. I could send and receive files to and fro via bluetooth and the phone also gets connected/paired without any issues, but the music playing option is not happening.  My previous OS win 7 had no problems in playing the music.I have a dell inspiron 15R laptop and asus zenfone 4 mobile.My phone specs shows it supports A2DP ( and it used to play in win 7).

Pls someone could provide me a solution or a fix for this..??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:07 PM

hi guys ....is there any fix for this or there is no solution at all??? :clapping:

#3 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

Hi Rocky143 ^_^,

Have you tried the below guide?
http://www.guidingtech.com/12120/stream-songs-phone-to-computer-bluetooth/

http://superuser.com/questions/958184/how-do-i-stream-android-audio-to-windows-10-over-bluetooth

I have asked a moderator to move this topic as well to the Windows 10 forums.

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#4 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:26 PM

hello pranav...thanks for the response...

I checked the first link but they said that we should download the Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1

but it is only compatible for windows vista there is no version for win 10..and some procedures are not available like step5 are entirely different(its not available as they have shown)...

the second link..i checked as it is said .."bluetooth>OptionsSettings>COM Ports and check if your streaming service installed there"--but the COM Ports section was completely blank .. dont know much about that!!

i have like 3 names related to bluetooth in my laptop..intel wireless bluetooth,microsoft bluetooth enumerator & microsoft bluetooth  LE enumerator...does it have any role in this case??

#5 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

anyone having a  working solution?? :(

#6 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:44 AM

:clapping: any fix for this problem? moderators?

#7 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:25 PM

Hello Rocky143, what phone are you using to connect to the laptop via bluetooth.

Aramus  :thumbup2:

#8 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:02 AM

Asus zenfone 4...

#9 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:27 PM

Ok, thanks for your reply.

First make sure your device is connected to your laptop via Bluetooth. After that go to Control Panel and type in the search bar in the right top corner Sound. Next you should see Sound in the search results, underneath it click Manage audio devices. A window should pop up once you clicked it, Make sure your laptop speakers are the current sound source. To do that check if there is a tick next to it, if not press on the speakers and the will be highlighted in blue then click the Set default button at the bottom of the window. When you have done that check to see if the sound is coming out the speakers. If not tell me.

Thanks Aramus   :thumbup2:

Edited by Aramus, 10 January 2016 - 04:29 PM.

#10 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 04:34 PM

If that doesn't work try downloading Asus Smart Gesture: https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1007490. If you get stuck use this video to help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_aDaN_qCkE. I am sure you can connect to the speakers via Smart Gesture.

#11 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:28 AM

hi aramus!!!

i tried your first post ...but its all fine . My laptop speakers were the current source and it was ticked.

I downloaded the asus smart gesture ( great app though!!) but it just acts like a remote for the laptop...i could not play the music from my phone playlist through the laptop speakers. :mellow: ..I could only select songs from the laptop list and play only that just like a remote...

Is there a way to play music from my phone through the laptop speakers?? :guitar:

#12 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas. But one last thing, make sure your phone is compatible with your current version of bluetooth on your laptop. Presumably you have Bluetooth 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2.

Thanks Aramus   :thumbup2:

#13 Rocky143

Rocky143
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:17 AM

hi aramus !! how to check the current version of bluetooth in the laptop?

Also i used to have 3 names related to bluetooth in my laptop..intel wireless bluetooth,microsoft bluetooth enumerator & microsoft bluetooth  LE enumerator...does it has anything related to the problem??

#14 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:34 AM

No, they don't have anything to do with Bluetooth for the moment. In a search bar in Windows 10 type 'Device Manager' and click on it. Next click Bluetooth in the list and then press the arrow facing down and a list should appear beneath it. The top one of the list that you just opened should have these words: Wireless Bluetooth High Speed adapter. On that driver name, it will have a decimal number for example 3.0 or 4.0. That number is your current version of Bluetooth. Sorry that it is hard to understand but I had trouble putting it into words.

Thanks Aramus  :thumbup2:

Edited by Aramus, 15 January 2016 - 11:35 AM.

#15 Houdini5150

Houdini5150

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

update drivers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users