Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

www-searching.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 hudstore44

hudstore44

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

Greetings,

My son, in an effort to improve his gaming downloaded something wretched. While I've been able to clear most it, every time a browser in Chrome is opened he is redirected to www-searching.com. I've tried to change the homepage in settings. I've run Malwarebytes as well as Ccleaner. I've run Avira. Nothing has helped. I've opened Firefox and I'm redirected to Malwarebytes.com. 

he also has a rundll error when he restarts his computer and I'm assuming that this is due to something that I got rid of during the malwarebytes cleaning. His computer is:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 55 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1935 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics, 1031 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 28933 MB, Free - 1126 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 802B
Antivirus: Avira free

Thanks,

hud

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hudstore44

hudstore44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

Have to put this on a long hold.The laptop is having power issues, cord and possibly battery. I'll repost when I figure this one out. I'd delete it but I don't know how.

#3 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,457 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

Thank you for letting us know. We are here when you are ready.

Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

#4 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 37,457 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:25 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users