Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What's the value of my 15 Notebook PC Touchsmart

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Funnygirl1960

Funnygirl1960

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:23 PM

Hello everyone, I've just joined and here's my first question. I'm very new to this and only post because the hubby is not able to do it himself right now! We have questions as we have a laptop I got a year ago and have used all of maybe ten times!? It even still has all the plastic on it! We both LOVE the new Mac's and now we're looking to sell my laptop/notebook,
It's a HP Pavillon 15 Notebook PC Touchsmart 15-n293cl.
15.6 Diagonal HD bright view LED Display
1TB Hard Drive
12288MB DDR3 SDRAM
WLAN
DVD Optical Drive
4th Generation Intel Core
i5-4200U Processor (1.6 Ghz)
Windows 8.1

I have no idea if this was enough information to help you help me but it's the best I've got! 😜

Edited by Funnygirl1960, 16 December 2015 - 11:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:05 PM

Item values are always relative to where you live... try searching your local classifieds to get an idea.

#3 Funnygirl1960

Funnygirl1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

Been there done that, checked Amazon and eBay also that's why I've come on here to ask, I'm not seeing much of anything about these anywhere!? Thanks for the tip anyway, I'll get an answer or we'll just end up keeping it as a spare.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:58 PM

Take 10% off whatever you paid for it and put it up... if it doesn't sell in 2-3 weeks knock off another 5%.... keep doing that until it's gone.

2nd hand value with tech goods is what people are prepared to pay (which varies from region to region, year to year), it's not something anyone can tell you definitively.

Or you can just send it to me, and know it will fight the good fight to help keep other peoples computers running well and malware free.  :wink: 

#5 Funnygirl1960

Funnygirl1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:28 AM

Thank you.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:39 AM

You're welcome.

#7 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:45 AM

I think is a ways off.  10% isn't even close to what someone will pay.  At a year old you'll be lucky to get half of what you paid for it, it doesn't matter how good it looks.

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,749 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

I think is a ways off.  10% isn't even close to what someone will pay.  At a year old you'll be lucky to get half of what you paid for it, it doesn't matter how good it looks.

This is exactly correct. The opening price that you should be asking for this is approx. 50% of what you paid for it, and then if it doesn’t sell you could reduce the price from there.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 Funnygirl1960

Funnygirl1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:23 PM

That's what we've done, we've taken 50% and then some, if it doesn't move we will most likely hang on to it or give it to a student in need. Thank you TsVk, Kilroy and Rocky Bennett for all your help.

Have a great Christmas and safe travels to you all

Edited by Funnygirl1960, 20 December 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#10 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

By asking too much at first and then reducing the price you create bargain need in the buyer, if you start low it wrecks your price reduction.

Same as when buying... Start high and claim some excuse to put the price down.

But at the same time, a hardly used laptop at 1/2 price shouldn't last long. Maybe need a better advertising platform?

Edited by TsVk!, 20 December 2015 - 10:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users