Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dash cams

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:19 PM

Who is using what???  Pros & Cons of what you have or had. :rolleyes:

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 mralias518

mralias518

• Members
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:23 PM

Who is using what???  Pros & Cons of what you have or had. :rolleyes:

Been using the  Garmin Dash Cam 20  for about a year and my overall opinion of it is "ehh" . It all depends on what you want it for. Most of them are not good enough to read license plates even up close set at high resolution. To me at this point it is more of a toy. I must say it did record a vehicle clip a guy riding a bike which came in handy when the guy driven the car tried to say he never hit the bike. The police officer was very happy that it showed the contact. 

Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca & Windows 8.1 Dual Boot.

Dell E6410 i5 7.60518 Gib of ram

#4 Naught McNoone

Naught McNoone

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:32 PM

I've had a dash cam for about five years now.

It's too easy for a younger driver to claim "The old man ran the stopsign/redlight and I was too late to avoid him."

It happend to a freind of mine, who had just turned 80.  The constable at the scene was about to suspend his license, pending review, when a shop keeper interviened.

She told the constable that George had stopped at the red light, and waited for it to turn green.  The lying twit who hit him was charged with dangerous driving, and uttering a false statemant to a constable.

Naught.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users