Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard keyboard problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shanne

Shanne

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hello,

I am an gamer and i use my laptop .My problem with keyboard are :

-key qweryuioasd are not working with up left down rigt arows, after about 2h of playng with sxzc as gamer is switching automacly and key zxcvbnm 123456789are not working

-sometimes all keyboard are working and when i play for about 30min wadf are stop working .

-sometimes instwad of S is F1, A is F4 and so on.... 

Please help me with thise mather and i wil help others...

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:16 PM

Do you have Fast Boot enabled?  [It's under the advanced power settings.]

If so, turn it off [uncheck the checkbox], do a full shutdown, restart and see what happens.  I just had a client having the most bizarre problems with his keyboard and this was ultimately how it got solved.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 Shanne

Shanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:38 PM

is no Fast Boot in advanced power settings , thanks for your answer.

Long time ago befor to ask i've take buttons out to see if are any food rest or dust, but are clean, the sistem is switching butons function from time to time until it disable some keys.I've tryed also with reset widows system but the same thing is hapening

Edited by Shanne, 16 December 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,823 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

Now I'll refer you to the thread in this very forum entitled, Keyboard issue.  Start with post #8 if you don't want to read all the way through it.  I'd suggest you do look at the whole thing.

If you have Windows 8.1 you certainly do have Fast Boot on your machine, the terminology used is "Turn on fast startup."  It would be nice if Microsoft ever picked a single terminology and stuck with it!

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Shanne

Shanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:09 PM

I read keyboard issue and i wil be back with an answer.thanks

#6 Shanne

Shanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

I've find fast boot and i disable it I've made as it says there in other link on the forum , the same problems appears. when i press now 123456.... the number 2 and 3 it has function for brightness more or low , in time these will be changed with others commands . The point is that keys are working but randomly they are witched with others from time to time

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,823 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

Shanne,

Your keyboard could be going bad.  See if you have the same behavior with another keyboard or, in the case of a laptop, with an external keyboard.

It sounds like your number row is activating the function key row above it when pressed.  Laptop keyboards are notorious for going wonky over time, particularly for well-used machines where the user has a relatively heavy touch or where drops have occurred.

~ Austin O'Malley

#8 Shanne

Shanne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

thanks, i will try with another keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users