Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add or Remove Programs Application

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 HiItsPeter

HiItsPeter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:13 AM

Hello once again. If i unfortunately made a mistake by posting this topic into the incorrect forum, please move it and let me know. Thanks.

So here is this annoying problem: Whenever i go into Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs, the list doesn't show anything. It just simply stays blank, it doesn't even notice me with the message "Please wait until the list is being populated...". What should i do to get rid of this problem, so i can uninstall some unuseful programs?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,915 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 07:05 PM

I always felt it took forever to load this page in XP but if it refuses to load the program list at all you could try the Revo uninstaller which you can get as a free download from BC here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

It is a very powerful uninstaller so if you wish to go beyond the defaults, read the 'Help' files first !  Alternatively, look and see in your 'All programs' list on the start panel if any of the programs you want to lose have an uninstaller built in with the application.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

Good old XP. Try these old solutions first.

1.Right click on the taskbar, select task manager.
Click on the processes tab. Look for wmiprvse.exe, if it's there, right click and end process.
Go back to add / remove programs, see if your list populates.

2. Copy the following text:

REGSVR32 APPWIZ.CPL

Click on Start/Run, paste in the text and hit enter.

May work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users