Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

privacy: preventing sites that use cookies/etc. to recognize repeat visits

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mikebleep1127

mikebleep1127

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:06 AM

I have an interest in a web browsing privacy issue. I'm having trouble finding information about it, because most information is aimed at people who don't want someone else to look on their computer and find where they've been.

What I want to do is have some measure of hiding my identity from the website server. Many sites like this will require cookies and prevent connections from Tor. So I wonder if there is a slightly less secure but still beneficial thing---can I prevent them from tracking me, i.e. recognizing that I've been to their site (or others they track) in the past? 

I am thinking that I want to delete cookies and use a VPN to change up my IP address, but I wonder if there are other means that websites can use to try to track repeat visits.

Thanks.

Mike

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users