Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Overheating while fan running

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 two4god07

two4god07

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:18 PM

I have an HP Pavilion g7. When I first got the laptop, I could play games like World of Warcraft and run programs of similar pull.

Now the fan taxes really hard blowing out all kinds of hot air. I have taken it apart and dusted it etc.

If I run programs like Photoshop, Minecraft, or even video playing software without an external fan attached it shuts off saying it has reached over 90 degrees.

Sometimes the external fan doesn't even prevent it.

I have attached a photo of the cooling system to this post in case there's something obviously wrong with it that I have missed.

Attached File  12395630_10153671152210943_1610004255_n.jpg   78.13KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 02:10 AM

I have a HP G6 but didnt have heat issue.

But  i cleaned it out 100% and applied new thermal paste on CPU and graphics GPU.

Reset Power Options to Default and after adjusted to my liking.

So try the Thermal Paste as the first step , and ensure fan is working to specs.

#3 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

If that doesn't work the next quick fix is to either elevate it (chuck it on some books while running), or buy a cooling pad to put your laptop on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users