Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is The Mcafee Security Center Any Good?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bernie70

Bernie70

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

Hi there, I'm working on my friends computer and she has the Mcafee Security center installed. I believe it came installed on her computer. I told her that my computer uses the best freeware out there and is very effective based on my experience and the experience of others on this board. Although I've installed spybot, spywareblaster, and adaware on her computer, I'd like to install AVG free AV, but am concerned about this mcafee security center. This is since I've read that you shouldn't have more than one AV product on one computer.

Should I keep this Mcaffee product and install AVG? or uninstall Mcafee. On my computer had Norton and had to use a special program to uninstall Norton. Is this the same with Mcafee Security suite? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jubo

Jubo

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:51 AM

Whether you want McAfee's or AVG that is a personal matter and totally up to you or at least your friend. But yes, you cannot have more than one antivirus program installed. McAfee's Security Suite comes with more programs than just antivirus.

If you decide to uninstall McAfee's then you could do it through "Add/Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel". If you tun into any difficulties then use the uninstal tools posted at the McAfee Support Forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users