Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building Gaming Computer, No Signal

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bleugris

Bleugris

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

Hello, I recently built my first Gaming PC. The problem I'm having is that when I power on the tower, no LED is lighting on the Motherboard.

Everything else powers on though. HDD making noise, all fans run. The fans keep running so I guess it isn't what you call Posting? The graphics card fan starts but stops though, the Tower and CPU fans keep running though at full speed.

I checked the sticky and tried the troubleshooting, such as trying one RAM, checking if everything is plugged in, resetting the CMOS...
Still the same results.

Not sure if it is my Motherboard or Power Supply if it is even those two. I have a feeling the other parts are not causing the problem, could the CPU possibly be a problem as well?

Motherboard: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A

Power Supply: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt

CPU: Intel i5-6500

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 4GB x2

SDD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: This is from my old computer that went bad, I just know is is 1TB and manufactured by Toshiba. Going to replace it soon.

CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

did you check to make sure nothings grounding out on the case, and that all the jumpers are in the right spot? CPU and ram seated properly? Im assuming you used thermal paste on the CPU?

Edited by the_patriot11, 14 December 2015 - 09:22 PM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Bleugris

Bleugris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

Yes, it is resting on the risers that came with the case and I removed any extras. Everything is seated correctly, I even tried one RAM and without the graphics card. I had two of the same motherboards, so I tried the other one and same result.. So it must be something I'm overlooking or maybe it is the CPU or the power supply. I can't think of anything else.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

Dumb question, and im sure youve probably covered it, but are you using the correct CPU power cord? as in could the CPU require an 8 plug power connector and your only using a four pin?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#5 Bleugris

Bleugris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:38 PM

Yes I believe so, I was searching everywhere for an 8 pin plug and couldn't find it, searched online and found they mostly split into a 4 pin if needed and that was the only plug I found. There isn't an 8 pin connector for the CPU on the motherboard. I recently tried removing the battery of the motherboard and putting it back in to reset the CMOS too. The only weird thing that happened was that it turned on with all fans per usual, but after a few seconds it turned off and turned back on again as if it rebooted and continued on as usual.

#6 KingDavidlll

KingDavidlll

• Members
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 05:09 AM

Does it make any beeps or does it just restart?  (make sure the audio cable is plugged in)

That motherboard for power only needs the 4pin and the 12pin for power.  If you can make sure those are plugged in. 

If there is no beeps and after replugging it in doesn't work the best thing to do is to see if you test the power supply and video card and ram with different computers.  This same problem happened to me and at first thought it was graphics card, as it worked with a different graphics card, but turned out to be motherboard after extensive testing.  If you don't have the parts I'd recommend taking it to a computer store and having each part tested.  I usually have one guy who only charges me if he can fix the problem or can tell me precisely what it is.

#7 Bleugris

Bleugris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

Ok I got to work. It was actually a simple wiring problem. Thanks for the help!

#8 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2015 - 11:33 PM

no problem, glad you got it.  :thumbup2:

picard5.jpg

#9 neil1234

neil1234

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:33 PM

hi what did you do i have the same prob might be the same thing ,thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users