Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player update includes 79 fixes, for crying out loud:The Inquirer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

INTERNET SOFT UNDERBELLY Adobe Flash has been flushed with a range of updates that should make it less onerous for at least four weeks.

The patch whack on the software is a big one, and sees Adobe level 79 fixes at it and its users. There is some argument that reckons that Flash should be linked with a sack, some rocks and the sea, but Adobe insists on patching up its old pal.

This is the last of the Adobe releases this year, so you might assume it is something of a best of. It is not, it is a package of bandages that cover threats that can be considered critical and thus urgent.

Judging by the noises coming from the security commentary community, these are not patches that you want to sit on so get applying.

The update has been out for a few day but I thought I would post this to make people aware of the update.

Article

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:51 AM

Hi,

On this site news http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/adobe-patches-78-vulnerabilities-in-todays-flash-update/ posted on 8/12/2015

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24,312 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:08 AM

Thanks for the link SleepDude. I searched for an article on BC but I missed it for some reason.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the link SleepDude. I searched for an article on BC but I missed it for some reason.

Only searching on the main page will include the News topics.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,612 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:10 PM

Two different versions released, 20.0.0.228 for Internet Explorer, Edge & Chrome and 20.0.0.235 for Firefox & Safari...not to mention all the others. More confusion to throw in the mix.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users