Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Lost My Wireless Connection Using Hide Ip

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Christian Baligad

Christian Baligad

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

I downloaded Hide IP and use a wireless router to connect to the Internet. It was slowing down my computer and the wireless card is built into my computer (I use no PC Card) tremendously so I removed it. Now my computer is telling me that there are no:

"wireless networks within range."

I had no problems before I downloaded this program. I also have another laptop that uses a PC card for wireless access. There is no problems with this computer.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

Christian
Chris Baligad shares with you his best hardware & software computer solutions, ideas and hot new products and services. No filler, just the most effective ways to keep your computer from driving you crazy.
http://www.theboneszone.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 AM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:50 PM

it may have damaged some registry keys when you removed the program. try downloading and runing this small program, it resets the host files, dumps dns cache patches reg keys and renews your ip.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

if that dosent work, try uninstalling the wireless card's driver and utility, rebooting the machine, then re-installing the driver. if you have win xp sp2, you may get better results using the windows zero wireless utility built into your operating system. depending on your hardware.
post back with any issues
Google...Google.....browse..read

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users