Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NPS: certificate problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nito2

nito2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hello

On my Windows 2008 R2 server, I have the NPS enabled. When I want to authenticate a wireless non-domain user, there is no problem (because the checkbox "Validate connection" is off). This connection is made with PEAP/EAP MSCHAPV2. I was told that this isn't a very secure connection?

When I want to use a more secure connection, I was adviced to use certificates.

I've made a new certificate, used this in my NPS ans imported this on the client pc (non-domain). However, this doesn't work. I always get reasoncode 262 (signature not verified).

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Edited by nito2, 14 December 2015 - 07:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

Did you use a self-signed certificate? If so, the client computer can't validate the signature because it doesn't trust the root certificate, because the root certificate server isn't available to it.

Try manually importing the Root CA certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities/Certificates folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users