Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Apple devices not showing in DHCP Client List

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

I'm using a TP-Link Archer C7 router, and my primary machine is a Windows  laptop connected wirelessly.  Other devices that connect to this router are my wife's Windows 7 machine, and my son's Windows 7 machine.  These devices can all be seen on the routers config "DHCP Client list". 

My wife also has an IPad and an IPod.  SIL has some kind of Apple device.  All these devices connect just fine to the network, but none of the apple devices show up on the DHCP Client List. 

Any way to get them to show?

Related, when I open Windows Network and Sharing center, and ask to "See Full Map", Apple devices are not shown.  Why? and is there a 'fix'?

Derfram
~~~~~~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:47 PM

<snip>

My wife also has an IPad and an IPod.  SIL has some kind of Apple device.  All these devices connect just fine to the network, but none of the apple devices show up on the DHCP Client List. 

Any way to get them to show?

See if this helps you: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/646508/Tp-Link-Archer-C7.html?page=73

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,722 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:16 PM

Thanks for the reply.  The config appears to be correct. 

Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users