Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MBAE Says it blocked VB Scripting Engine?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 06:38 PM

1. I was Updating XP and got this message from MBAE Free, is it anything to worry about?

"VB Scripting Engine has been blocked from loading in the browser"

2. Also, I keep getting Updates for Adobe Flash Player in Windows Updates, but I have uninstalled it long time ago, so they always fail to download and install.  Is this something to do with the Registry Entries?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:36 PM

1. I was Updating XP and got this message from MBAE Free, is it anything to worry about?

"VB Scripting Engine has been blocked from loading in the browser"

Yes definitely, I would be worried about using the internet with an out of date and insecure OS.

There is a resurgence in VB malware at the moment, it might be worth while looking into.

2. Also, I keep getting Updates for Adobe Flash Player in Windows Updates, but I have uninstalled it long time ago, so they always fail to download and install.  Is this something to do with the Registry Entries?

Probably.

You could just disable the specific updates in the update center. Or alternatively re-install it and then uninstall it with something like Revo Uninstaller.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thanks very much!  Should have mentioned that the first VB thing happened when I tried to view my Update History.  I did this to try and disable the specific updates like you suggested here, because did not know the proper way to do it.  I was thinking Revo also, but forgot that I would have to reinstall first, thank you.  Now maybe I can get this sorted out.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:52 PM

There is no way to do Updates with another browser right?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users