Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

too many?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Silencious

Silencious

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

i have superantispyware, malwarebytes and bit defender internet 2015 on my machine. Too much you think?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 13 December 2015 - 12:59 PM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:12 PM

in my opinion bitdefender internet security is full option. Now You have 2015 You can update to 2016.

#3 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

I think that you should remove Superantispyware. MBAM is good enough. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#4 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

yes but bitdefender internet security uninstal or wants to uninstal MBAM !

#5 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

You can use both, Bitdefender and MBAM. 

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#6 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

maybe can, but internet security is pack all.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Each of those apps...performs a different function...and said function is not necessarily performed by any of the other apps installed.

SAS will primarily remove the myriad of cookies one gets these days.  Malwarebytes is a more powerful antimalware tool and it is NOT the ultimate solution some seem to think.  Any internet security suite includes two components, an AV program and a firewall, which functions neither of the other two apps provide.

You are fine as set up, IMO.

Louis

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 03:58 PM

As a general rule, using more than one anti-malware program will not conflict with each other or your anti-virus if using only one of them for real-time protection and the others as stand-alone on demand scanners. In fact, doing so increases your protection coverage without causing the same kind of conflicts or affecting the stability of your system that can occur when using more than one anti-virus. The overlap of protection from using different security tools can aid in the detection and removal of more threats when checking your system for malware.

Security vendors use different scanning engines and different detection methods such as Heuristic Analysis, Behavioral Analysis, Sandboxing and Signature file detection (containing the binary patterns of known virus signatures) which can account for discrepancies in scanning outcomes. Depending on how often the anti-virus or anti-malware database is updated can also account for differences in threat detections. Further, each vendor has its own definition (naming standards) of what constitutes malware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results. The fact that each program has its own definition files means that some malware may be picked up by one that could be missed by another.

If using multiple anti-malware real-time resident shields together at the same time, there can be conflicts as a result of the overlap in protection. These conflicts are typical when similar applications try to compete for resources and exclusive rights to perform an action. They may identify the activity of each other as suspicious and produce alerts. Further, your anti-virus may detect suspicious activity while anti-malware programs are scanning (reading) files, especially if it uses a heuristic scanning engine, regardless if they are running in real-time or on demand. The anti-virus may even detect as threats, any malware removed by these programs and placed into quarantined areas. This can lead to a repetitive cycle of endless alerts or false alarms that continually warn a threat has been found if the contents of the quarantine folder are not removed before beginning a new security scan. Generally these conflicts are more of an annoyance rather than the significant conflicts which occur when running two anti-virus programs in real time.

I recommend using SUPERAntiSpyware Free as a separate stand-alone on-demand scanner. The free version does not provide real-time protection, auto-Scanning, auto-updates or scheduled scanning so there is no need for it to run at startup and waste system resources. However, it does offer technology to deal with some rootkit infections and gives you another tool to use for a second opinion or in the event of malware infection where some of your tools may be disabled.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium is sufficient to cover the gap left by any anti-virus...so using SUPERAntiSpyware Pro is really not necessary.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

BitDefender's AM detection is terrible... using MBAM Premium to cover that gap is a good choice.

#10 Silencious

Silencious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

Thank you for you suggestions. I'll keep super but only when I want to scan, so not real time. Ill stick with BD & MAMB.

Does anyone have a preference for either internet security 2016 or the total security 2016. I'm not sure of the real difference? 

#11 Silencious

Silencious
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thank you for you suggestions. I'll keep super but only when I want to scan, so not real time. Ill stick with BD & MAMB.

Does anyone have a preference for either internet security 2016 or the total security 2016. I'm not sure of the real difference? 

BD is number 1 at the moment so they claim. How about Emsisoft? any good?

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

Bitdefender Product Comparison
Bitdefender Antivirus vs Internet Security vs Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender Internet Security vs Bitdefender Total Security

While Total Security includes a few extra security features, it also includes Optimizing and Tune-up features. There are numerous programs which purport to improve system performance, make repairs and tune up a computer. Many of them include such features as a registry cleaner, registry optimizer, disk optimizer, etc. These registry cleaners and optimizers claim to speed up your computer by finding and removing orphaned and corrupt registry entries that are responsible for slowing down system performance. There is no statistical evidence to back such claims.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.

Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

Further, you do not need a third party Firewall...just use Windows built-in Firewall.

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,734 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a trustworthy and effective antivirus platform that includes anti-malware protection but leaves a small footprint...meaning it is not intrusive and does not utilize a lot of system resources. EAM uses two scanning engines and three security levels of protection to prevent the installation of malware. EAM uses advanced behavior blocking analysis which is extremely difficult to penetrate...it continually monitors the behavior of all active programs looking for any anomalies that may be indicative of malicious activity and raises an alert as soon as something suspicious occurs. Emsisoft has the ability to detect unknown zero-day attacks without signatures and the added advantage of blocking the installation of most Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) (such as adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers) if you enable that feature.

eam_pup_728x574_en.png

Further, it does not conflict with other security programs I use on my computers. See my comments in Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools for more detailed information as to why I recommend Emsisoft Anti-Malware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users