Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating inbox

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greekgoward

greekgoward

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

I've got an end user using Outlook 2007 SP 2 to connect to Exchange 2007 via https in cache mode. I have it set to download headers then content.

He never removes anything from the inbox, but we do auto archive it to his computer ever 6 months.

Everything appeared to be working up until a week ago when his inbox began to state that it was updating folders. It does this constantly and he calls tech support whenever he sees the issue.

We have created a new profile on a new machine and the problem seems to follow him there. 

We figured it may be due to 1.2 GB of email, but can't seem to get AutoARchive to actually clean out messages from the inbox.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AJMazza

AJMazza

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:57 AM

I've had many a problems with this in particular PA's who seem to keep every single email. 

I believe it is to do with the mail file size as the user who was having the issue had a 12GB PST file!

Does the user have any shared mailboxes in their Outlook? This is what was slowing it down for the user in my case and I made a change to their email account so that the emails were pulled directly from the server. This seems to stop the updating folders state and sped Outlook up significantly. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users