Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Professional 64 - Error message-

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LuAnne123

LuAnne123

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:21 AM

i am hoping someone can help me with this.

I keep getting this error message:

"cnext.exe there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk4\dr4"

Also, earlier in the week I received this message"C Run-Time Error R6016" 

I did go to the control panel and repaired the program Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. I haven't seen that "C Run-Time Error R6016" since. 

I did upgrade to the Crimson software for the video driver (last weekend before these issues started). Not sure if it is related.

I have a WD "MY Book" external hard drive that used to boot up in "auto-play" upon starting the computer (i didn't like this feature but a Dell tech said it had to be that way) - 

MY Book external hard drive no longer shows on the desktop in "auto-play" on start-up, which is OK with me. I see that files are still being copied to my external hard drive so i am ok with this. It seems as if my Outlook 2010 files are still being transferred to the external hard drive but not in sequence (1 day is out of sequence). I also think this may be related to this past Tuesday's "patch Tuesday" as these probelms all started appearing after I applied the Windows Updates from this week's "patch Tuesday" from Microsoft. 

My main probelm here is the error message:"cnext.exe there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk4\dr4"

There is no drive in drive 4. This error message appears randomly, i select contiue and it goes away. 

Just wondering why i am getting this error message "cnext.exe there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into the drive \device\harddisk4\dr4"

Thank You!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,668 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

cnext.exe is a Crimson file. Did you install crimson from a USB flash drive? This is an old thread but see what disk4 is then attach again and eject.

#3 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Yes, I realized that cnext.exe is a Crimson file. I updated it from the website (download). 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,668 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:41 PM

See the link in my previous post. Look for what was last attached to Disk 4.

#5 LuAnne123

LuAnne123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

Yes. We are going to do that. Thank You!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users