Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A little help needed

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Larnballs

Larnballs

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:05 AM

I have a few error codes coming up that I'm hoping someone can help me withAttached File  image.jpeg   140.58KB   0 downloads

Edited by Larnballs, 13 December 2015 - 05:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

Have you made any hardware changes, have you run security software?  That is a start, most all error codes can be Googled to find help.  More input will come from others, please post system specs many time that is helpful!

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:36 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

hmm... 7B stop code... I'm going to make a few assumptions,,, you probably can't boot windows.

if you are lucky your computer is trying to boot some usb item you have plugged in... if you are not so lucky then something has happened to your drive or windows installation.

Anyway, need way more information like when is this happening and can you boot windows at all?

#5 Larnballs

Larnballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:03 AM

hmm... 7B stop code... I'm going to make a few assumptions,,, you probably can't boot windows.

if you are lucky your computer is trying to boot some usb item you have plugged in... if you are not so lucky then something has happened to your drive or windows installation.

Anyway, need way more information like when is this happening and can you boot windows at all?

Yes you're 100% correct will only get to loading Microsoft comes up with the error codes
Won't load in safe mode won't allow me to system restore

#6 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

7B is shorthand for I can't find or read from the device that my configuration is telling me that I should find and read from.

Simple things that can cause this are that changes made in bios like hard drive setting changes from achi or ide or raid mode... this can happen if you were playing around trying to increase performance or that the bios battery lost it's charge and reverted to some default settings (this would usually be marked by your computer warning that the time had changed).

Harsher things that can cause this is hard drive failure (all hard drives die eventually, usually 2 - 4 years laptops, 3 - 6 years desktops... yes these are gross generalizations and can be much shorter and longer), virus infections changing boot config, corruption of the drivers booting the drive... but I digress

Time for your story telling... how old is this computer... what is this computer (laptop, desktop, model, etc)... what lead up to this (like ... this is a five year old computer and performance has been slowing way down lately... or ... I lent to my roommate and they gave it back with a big dent in the side and told me that was there before lent to them).

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:01 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Try booting into Safe Mode.  If you are able to boot into the Advanced Boot Options select the Last known good configuration.

If you don't know how to boot to the Advanced Boot Options there are instructions below.

With the computer off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key until you reach the Advanced Boot Options.

Are you always getting the same stop error?

Do you have the installation for this version of Windows 7?

Edited by dc3, 14 December 2015 - 09:03 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 Larnballs

Larnballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 02:49 PM

Okay so it's an accer laptop it's probably about 5 years old,

Was working perfectly then half way through watching Netflix it came up with the hardware error I rebooted and I should of done the last good configuration then

I've tried booting in safe mode it gets stuck on a driver won't load past that and then hardware error comes up again

In recovery tools it will run cmd will do a dskchk all work fines, it will do the automatic repairs but says there is nothing wrong with it, won't do a system restore, won't do the memory diagnostic and won't do thit image restore, it will go into accer recovery but takes forever to load

I don't have an installation disk it's saved on my computer I tried loading it and won't

#9 AngryRaisin

AngryRaisin

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

This is starting to look more and more like classic hard drive failure - I would create a diagnostic tool - http://www.seagate.com/files/www-content/support-content/downloads/seatools/_shared/downloads/SeaToolsDOS223ALL.ISO - to confirm hard drive failure (you would need a cd-r or dvd-r, separate working computer, and the know-how to burn an iso file)

Let me know if you want to proceed ... also while your drive seems to be in some condition of working order if there is anything of critical/any importance you would want to back that up before further testing.

#10 Larnballs

Larnballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 05:47 AM

My whole life is on the laptop hahaha

How would I back that up

#11 jacklai

jacklai

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

Go check for RAM if it's still OK

#12 Larnballs

Larnballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

So I've just checked again it's come up with mbr corrupt

#13 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:54 AM

Did a quick search here is a link to try, this comes from Seven Forums:  http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/20864-mbr-restore-windows-7-master-boot-record.html

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

If you can access the command prompt through the system recovery tools as you posted in post #8 you don't need to use the Windows 7 installation disk.

Open the command prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

bootsect /nt60 SYS /mbr

If this works you will receive a message stating that it was successful.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#15 Larnballs

Larnballs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:22 AM

If you can access the command prompt through the system recovery tools as you posted in post #8 you don't need to use the Windows 7 installation disk.

Open the command prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

bootsect /nt60 SYS /mbr

If this works you will receive a message stating that it was successful.

I did that
The system partition was not found
The request cannot be performed because of an I/O error

I also did the bootsect /nt60 ALL /mbr
Could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Could not prepare disks for updates
The device is not ready

No bootcode was successfully updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users