Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Overclock Skylake i7 6700K with Corsair H80i GT, good ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SWOS

SWOS

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:43 PM

Has anyone tried overclocking a Skylake i7 6700K (or something quite similar) using the stock case fans of your case for internal

cooling and also a Corsair H80i GT CPU cooler radiator with just one of its stock fans instead of the usual two fans ?

Just trying to get a rough idea of what the temp's would be about for a half decent overclock like maybe 4.6 or more, I guess we could

also base it on using two fans with the H80i GT and then knock off maybe a few degrees but I am not sure just how much difference

one or two fans would make compared

Maybe some people out there have already tried and done something like this ?, please let me and all of us know, thank you.

Edited by SWOS, 12 December 2015 - 10:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SWOS

SWOS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:53 AM

I guess not many people have either a Skylake cpu overclocked and/or Corsair H80i GT ? lol

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:17 AM

lol sorry, this site isnt much of a overclocking style site, im not much of an overclocker myself (though I do dabble and know the basics).

I havent messed with liquid cooling, and ideally you want to use both fans if that was what it was designed for,  but I imagine depending on the room temp etc.  its probably going to be something your going to have to try and find out. A lot probably depends on how much airflow is getting to the radiator and the room temp, if it were me I would try it, but spend some time and try slowly overclocking it, I would say up it 50 ghz at a time, and run some intensive CPU tests while monitoring the temps while doing so. If they start spiking, then back it off. If you do it slowly, while testing like this, if it does start to get to hot, you should be able to back everything off without doing any damage to the PC.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users