Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New System build, pc boot for 1 sec

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobgratton

bobgratton

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

This is my second build :

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($115.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  ($429.50 @ Vuugo) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($24.08 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $1236.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-12 19:34 EST-0500

MotherBoard, memory , western Hard Drive , case , optical Drive are new

The other pieces are 1.5 years old (They were on my other pc)

When i start the pc, i will see all fan working for less than 1 second, if i want to press the start button again I will have to unplug the power cable

What could cause that kind of failure ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:08 PM

I would look over wiring also check to make sure none of the board mounts are grounding, re seat all peripherals.  I am sure others will add ideas.

Phil

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 GameGuru

GameGuru

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Do you get any beeping on startup from the internal speaker?  If so check your motherboard manual for help on what they mean.

From my experience with this type of issues it could be three probable causes;  powersupply, motherboard or RAM.  To troubleshoot this I recommend going to bare minimum to figure out the issue.  If this was my build this is what I would do:

1.  Disconnect the WD 1TB drive and boot with just the SSD installed.

2.  If that CPU has an intergrated GPU I would take out the video card and use onboard only while testing.

3.  Since you only have one stick of RAM you can't test the RAM, do you have another stick that is compatible with the motherboard you can use for testing (doesn't matter if they are different speeds, you will only have one in at a time.

4.  Go over your cable connections for the power button, reset button, power LED, HDD LED etc and make sure they are connected as the manual shows.

With the bare minimum connected see if you can get it to boot to bios.  If it still only powers for 1 second and shuts down try a spare powersupply (if you have one of course).  I ran a PSU calculator with your equipment and your PSU should be fine as you are using just about 400w.  

If you switch out the PSU and it is still doing it see if your SSD is the issue and start the system with the HDD.

If it does boot you can start to add items like the GPU and other hard drive.  This way you can determine where the issue is.

AMD FX-6300 6-Core|Asrock 990FX Extreme3|16GB G. Skill Ripjaws (4x4GB) DDR3 1600|MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G|250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD|8TB (total) Seagate NAS HDD|Corsair CX600M 600W PSU|Pioneer BDR-209DBK|HP Pavilion 25XI 25" IPS 7ms Display|CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO|Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II 2.0 Speakers

These guys know tech!  Check out digitalSoup at http://www.digitalsouppodcast.com.

#4 bobgratton

bobgratton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:46 AM

The problem were coming from the power cable connected to the ssd and hdd, defective cable ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users