Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

No video on a HP P7-1039

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 happydude

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time:03:49 PM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 01:16 PM

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion P7-1039 whose fans turns on and everything looks good but I can't get any video on a three different monitors that I know that work. I have inserted a working dedicated video card with the same results. I replaced the motherboard with the same exact results. No video.

Any suggestions on what is stopping me from getting video is appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 12 December 2015 - 04:12 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,033 posts
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:53 AM

ok, first things first, the support page link for your PC, for future reference..

have you recently had to power down the PC when you did have a video signal with the power button or anything like that?  users do that sometimes when the system gets snagged...

the first step i would take is getting into safe mode...it is under boot options...and from there check the device manager for discrepancies

i think with HP OEM units, to get into boot options---safe mode is during initial power up immediately and repeatedly tapping the F8 key. To get into BIOS it is the ESC key.

anyway, if you can get into boot options ----safe mode with networking and you have display in that mode then there is a chipset/motherboard driver update that may need to be done if you are using the integrated motherboard video..

also, are there any POST beeps you are getting during the initial power up?

Edited by synergy513, 13 December 2015 - 03:09 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users