Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xbox One Performance Problems?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sogin

Sogin

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:21 AM

So, made a few topics with different issues here with my XB1 in the past, so sorry for flooding it a bit but tried some new stuff and hoping somebody has an idea for me. I keep suffering slowdowns in all games often happens when lights are around but it goes into a slowdown micro stutter type fit, not locking up or freezing just real slow. So far I've tried switching TV's, lowering all TV enhancements as you're supposed to, as well as sharpness. Power cycled the XB1 as well as cleared the cache(one in the same really, I know.) sent the unit in for repair, even got a different Xbox all together(One is AC Bundle, other normal Xbox.) problem still occurs? Also tried different HDMI's and am fresh out of ideas. I do have poor internet, so does the Xbox One somehow still suffer lag due to internet even if you're playing single player? =/ This occurs in all games both Digital and CD.

Edited by Sogin, 12 December 2015 - 10:23 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gamer5275

gamer5275

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:30 PM

What games specifically are you playing?  Newer AAA titles, or older games that were released when the Xbox One was new?  Does it stop happening when you look at the ground in-game (looking at the ground means there is less to render, it may speed things up)?  Unfortunately, if it does, there is nothing you can do about it.  

#3 Sogin

Sogin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2015 - 08:32 AM

What games specifically are you playing?  Newer AAA titles, or older games that were released when the Xbox One was new?  Does it stop happening when you look at the ground in-game (looking at the ground means there is less to render, it may speed things up)?  Unfortunately, if it does, there is nothing you can do about it. 

It depends where I am, in some areas it lags no matter what. Cutscenes also run horrid sometimes, example playing Thief  and the  Cutscene where you're talking to the girl thief it looks fine but then it she sits infront of the window it suddenly gets reallll choppy and slow. I don't see this on other peoples Xbox so, why is it happening to mine if it's not my TV or HDMI cable?

List Of Games: Thief, GTA V, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, WWE2K15, Sunset Overdrive, Lords Of The fallen. Games that run 'ehh, but acceptable are Tomb Raider. Lol about it.

Edited by Sogin, 26 December 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#4 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

There are limits to what you can do in regards to console performance issues. You seem to have done everything in your power. Changing HDMI cables or changing settings on the TV won't have an impact on the Xbox's performance.

Can you perform a software update of your Xbox One, or is it automatic?

#5 only126db

only126db

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Does it do it to downloaded games and disc games? If it does it to Disc games only it could be a drive issue, or if it does it to both it may be a HDD issue or you may have corrupted files....

#6 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Does it do it to downloaded games and disc games? If it does it to Disc games only it could be a drive issue, or if it does it to both it may be a HDD issue or you may have corrupted files....

He said it occurs in either digital or disc based games. He also said he tried a different Xbox, same result.

#7 I_Just_Post_Here

I_Just_Post_Here

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

I had the same issue a few months ago.
What worked for me was buying a separate hdd and moving all of my games onto it.

I'd recommend it as the XB1 internal storage fills up fast anyway.
However, if you don't wish to spend any cash just yet, try turning off game streaming and game dvr on the preferences page in settings.

#8 Sogin

Sogin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

I had the same issue a few months ago.
What worked for me was buying a separate hdd and moving all of my games onto it.

I'd recommend it as the XB1 internal storage fills up fast anyway.
However, if you don't wish to spend any cash just yet, try turning off game streaming and game dvr on the preferences page in settings.

Thanks, that worked. Though still wonder why I had to. Lol

Edited by Sogin, 14 May 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#9 Sogin

Sogin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Anybody have any clue how to stop like....Graphic clipping for lack of a better term? Like the characters on every game pretty much their arms and legs will shake a lot not constantly but in spurts and it happens pretty bad, I don't notice it on other Xbox  gameplay vids and what not.

Edited by Sogin, 15 May 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#10 SamsonFromTheBible

SamsonFromTheBible

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:09 AM

Consoles are fairly stable, but with the current game development practises, games often lag, have high screen tearing and include bugs. Even a life-long console gamer like meself has to admit that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users