Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Questions about SSD and HDD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Permaglo

Permaglo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

I hope i'm putting this in the right place...

I'm a newbie gaming computer owner and, to be honest, i just googled "what kind of laptop can i run x or y game on on full settings," and I bought it.
So I ended up with MSI Apache G72 029, which absolutely does run x and y games on full settings and I am a very happy chick, however, I've realized I am not exactly the most up-to-par computer owner, and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here.

After getting my computer, I installed x and y games freely and played them all with such excitement at their nonexistant load times and frilly graphics, etc.. But now i've realized I installed them to my 128g SSD drive (which is now very close to being full.)

Now, i'm wondering if there is a way to easily copy said games to the HDD, or will I have to delete and clean install them to the other drive?
And i'm also slightly wondering if when I do so, will those load times lengthen and my graphics get less-shiny? Because that would be kind of lame...

Thanks in advance for your help~!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:33 PM

You could move them, but its just better to reinstall them.

During the installation of your games make sure they are going to your HDD as opposed to SSD.

Did you use steam or something to install them?

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:46 PM

Considering the price of 256GB (or larger)  SSDs these days...I would just buy one, then clone the current SSD to the larger SSD.  Problem neatly resolved and a spare drive for those unplanned emergencies that always come...or simply backups.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users