problem - dell computer boots up to "Dell Logo" screen, the "status bar" on that screen that normally goes across does not move at all, it does not even begin to move, it is stuck there, computer will not recognize any external devices such as mouse. keyboard, so i can not get into bios settings, and can not boot from a cd or usb
things i have tried....
- unplug computer hold down power button for 60 seconds
- remove cmos battery and jumper pins, let computer sit for hours
- replace cmos batter with known good battery
- replace power supply with known good power supply
- remove ram sticks
- clean ram sticks/slots
- replace ram sticks one at a time trying both slots with both sticks
- disconnected EVERYTHING from motherboard except fans, power, and ram
- tested hard drive, it is 100% okay
all of the above give the exact same result, nothing changes,
is it safe to assume this is a motherboard issue?