Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 problem..:( plz help

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

I had the bright idea of upgrading my operating software  (windows 7) to windows 10.However even after 1 and a  1/2 days it didn't finish installing.So i thought it froze and shut the pc down . Then I realized what i did. The pc was upto 86% when i shut it down.After shutting it down it downgraded back to windows 7 and became veeeeeerrrrry slow.Somehow i fixed it and now it is happening again.I am using safe mode right now and i need  help.

System Restore : No system restore points were there for some reason.

Virus : I have a antivirus called avast (Free Trial) 2016 but its saying no endpoint created when i try to scan in safe mode.I tried using malware bytes and has scanned the pc almost above 5 times.(scanning right now lol) and also i have used ccleaner and pc cleaner pro 2016 but to no avail.My pc is as slow as ever.I would love to know any methods through which i can fix this issue.

P.S: I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING A NEW PC BECAUSE IM 13.

Edited by AWILDHELPERAPPEARED, 11 December 2015 - 12:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hi and welcome to BC!

In this case, it is best to just do a clean install of Windows 7, after that upgrade to Windows 10.

Edited by batman1234, 11 December 2015 - 12:11 AM.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 01:02 AM

While i was trying to reinstall, i ended up in the .iso website of windows 7.When i try to install this happens:

The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

Now i can't contact any manufacturers so im clueless as to what to do.

#4 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:43 AM

Seems like it is a OEM key. You can skip when it asks for product key, and check whether if it get activated automatically after install.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

Since this is a OEM computer it should have a System Restore partition which you can use to reinstall the operating system.  You should be able to find instructions online for doing this.  This will revert the operating system back to the condition it was in when it was first turned on.  This means that you will lose everything you added to this computer, data, pictures, documents, programs, ect.

But you may be able to resolve this, if it isn't too severe, by running sfc /scannow.

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and select Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

Copy and paste sfc /scannow in the command prompt, then press Enter to start the scan.  

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished and if intergrity issues are found, please do the following.

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png then copy and paste the following in the Search programs and files box.

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to  
the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your topic.

If this fails to place the icon on your desktop run the command from the Command Prompt.  Use the instructions I provided at the start of this tutorial.

This log may be very large, if you have problems posting it try breaking it into smaller parts.  When you copy these parts you will highlight the section you are going to copy.  If you leave that section highlighted it will give you a quick reference for where you left off.  Do not use a host website to post this.  I will not download anything to my computer unless I know exactly what it contains.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:12 AM

Ok so i did the thing with the cmd and it didn't appear on the desktop therefore im going with the method you told at the start.Thank you (hope it works) :unsure:

#7 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:39 AM

So i tried finding a possible solution to reset my windows and i came upon onekey recovery (since my pc is lenovo onekey is there i don't know about other pc's) and i tried opening it through the rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png way and it said "Driver Initialization Failed, please reinstall application" I tried finding solutions but they were way to complicated.I don't think there is a solution for this now :( if there is , i wold appreciate the person but if it doesn't i might try for a new pc.

P.S:sorry about the font,but i don't give a bleep

P.S:Arachibutyrophobia thx for the tip

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,004 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

If you can pull the Windows 7 key with Produkey, Microsoft will let you use it for doing a clean install of Windows 10. You can download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool here. Bottom of the page. When installing provide the key you found with Produkey. 

If you get a problem activating, call Microsoft and provide them with the details. They should activate Windows 10 for you. The downside is you will lose all your installed programs you had with Windows 7. You also need to backup all your data to an external drive.

#9 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hello AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

Please list the exact model # of your Lenovo Machine

Thank you

Old Rocker :guitar:

#10 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

@old rocker it is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx.  Mod Edit:  Removed Windows product key, which is not what was requested. - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 13 December 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#11 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

@JohnC_21 I am using safe mode, i cannot install windows 10 in it.Although ill try installing it in normal mode, maybe it'll be fast

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,004 posts
  •  

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Just to clarify, you downloaded the Media Creation tool and were able to create a bootable DVD or USB flash drive, correct? Boot the computer with the DVD or USB flash drive attached and install Windows 10. Depending on your computer there will be a boot menu key you can tap to select your device. Here is a guide on doing a clean Windows 10 install.

You can create Windows 10 bootable media on another computer if you cannot on your laptop.

Edited by hamluis, 13 December 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#13 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:37 AM

thx ill try it

#14 AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

AWILDHELPERAPPEARED
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:23 AM

Nope i can only use it in normal mode :( 

#15 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

@AWILDHELPERAPPEARED

My reason for asking the Model Number of your Lenovo Device is to offer you some guidance in using the One Key Recovery option that most Lenovo equipment can take advantage of.

One Key Recovery is not always effective launching from within Windows itself. However, using it from a device startup mode could get you well on your way to using your system just as you did on day 1.

Once you have a fresh installation of Windows 7 you can go on using Windows 7 and forget about Windows 10 (for now) or you may opt attempting an upgrade to Windows 10.

The Microsoft ISO site you refer to, is of no use to you since you have an OEM version of Windows 7 installed on your system and an OEM product key will Not work in obtaining a ISO through Microsoft.

More information is available from Lenovo Support
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds033364#systems

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users