Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mekkoo35

mekkoo35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:14 PM

When I turn on my pc which is a lenovo h500a it keeps restarting not giving me the option to log on what can be the problem and what can I do to resolve this matter?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

It sounds like you have a start up problem (duh - I know I'm repeating the obvious).  What is your original OS? [Win8 vs 8.1]  Do you have recovery media for it?

I just tried looking up an h500a & h500 on support.lenovo.com and I get no results, are you positive that's the model number?  Quite a few manufacturers allow you to boot into recovery mode, much like you boot into safe mode, but how one does that varies by model and without the correct model number to search on I won't have any luck pulling up whether yours is equipped that way.

Have you done anything on the machine recently, like install new software or drivers, or did this just pop up out of the blue?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:14 AM

I didn't have any problem finding information for the H500 at Lenovo Support.  I was even able to find the user guide.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/lenovo_h500_ug_v1.0_win8_en_r_online_20131104.pdf

This computer has the One Touch Recovery, it can be found on page 21, section 15.

Edited by dc3, 13 December 2015 - 10:17 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

dc3,

Interesting.  This morning if I do a search on H500 the following link comes up:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-H-Series-desktops/Lenovo-H500-Desktop?LinkTrack=Solr

I am absolutely certain that it did not and would not when I searched last night, and I have no idea why.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 13 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Gremlins <_<  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users