Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop acting weird

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jonen1001

jonen1001

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:35 PM

okay so i blew compressed air in the laptop fan and it seems warmer than usual also before i used the compressed air the fan was making bad sounds

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 687 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:06 PM

1) If there was a pile of dust and dirt in the vent(s), you may have simply blown it all back inside the laptop. (Like a dust blanket ... which will drive the temps up).

2) If you used compressed air to spin a fan faster than it was designed to spin, it can ruin the fan bearings and races.

#3 jonen1001

jonen1001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:11 PM

but i used the compressed air when the laptop was turned off that wont break the fans will it and fluids were coming out of the compressed air should i be concerned off that?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

When you blow through the fan you should place a pencil, eraser end first, through the fan to keep it from spinning.  This will not only protect the bearing, it will allow you to blow completely through the fan blades.

Most fans have a sleeve type bearing which is not intended to be used with the kind of RPMs you would have when using compressed air to blow through it.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users