Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can I use my router config file to check when a device last connected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iancoady

iancoady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:32 PM

Being the idiot that I am, I've managed to lose my iPod Touch at some point over the last month and have been trying to work out when and where I lost it.

Unfortunately, as I didn't realise I had lost it for a while I didn't try and use the 'FindMyPhone' app until after the thing had died.

I was wondering if I could call up the config file for my router and use it to check when that device last connected to the router. This might at least help me work out when the iPod was last in my house.

I used the router interface to check the currently connected devices but getting into the logs is a little outside my comfort zone. Anyone know whether its possible and if so how I go about doing it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:58 PM

No it is not possible.  Router log files are very minimal and usually don't log lan actions but wan actions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users