Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Raspberry Pi, Is Anybody Here Having Fun With these?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I used the search function and I could not find a thread devoted to these great little computer kits. Is anybody here doing any projects with their Raspberry Pi?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/

https://www.adafruit.com/raspberrypi

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:05 PM

I put one together about a couple of months ago. Its in my classroom. 

Still trying to figure out what to do with it. Students are amazed, they never seen anything like it

Car Stereo? need different OS.

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 04:31 AM

I put one together about a couple of months ago. Its in my classroom. 

Still trying to figure out what to do with it. Students are amazed, they never seen anything like it

Car Stereo? need different OS.

Why do you say that about the car stereo? The first project I had planned was a portable stereo but I do own a little external DAC unit that just runs off the 5 volts supplied by the USB. I was reading the Raspberry Pi forum and a lot of people are talking about an app called Python. I still haven't played around with it yet, but I am excited to try.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:25 AM

With Christmas coming up I can't spent money on myself. So it will be a little bit.

I'll post a picture of what I have so far when I go to work Monday

What I am thinking is a 7-inch touch screen. I have a 32GB sim card for a HardDrive so its plenty big enough. The other thing is a power supply for the car. The Toyota already has amps in so thats not a problem. 

I already have a Bluetooth Dongle and it works with the Raspberry. 

Just a little at a time.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,630 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:22 AM

This thread over at an audiophile forum show a video of how this guy is using his Pi. I am not so much interested in a car stereo per say, but I will attempt a project that uses the Pi as music server. Of course, like you said, this will probably come to fruition next year, after the holidays.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/raspberry-pi-i2s-dac.471523/

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users