Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EIS vs Kaspersky Total Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Stoef

Scott Stoef

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:06 AM

I know this may look like I'm posting this in the incorrect area, but I'm not.  I'm looking at these two products to secure my home computers.  They both look like they are two of the best suites out there to me, but I'm curious to find out which one has the better firewall? 

I was leaning towards Kaspersky for cost reasons, but Emsisoft seems to be getting extremely popular on bleeping computer.

Edited by hamluis, 10 December 2015 - 09:55 AM.
Moved from Firewalls to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GRCScorpion

GRCScorpion

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

Well its a complex answer basically everything you should do should be like an oinion. Looks of annoying layers to stop someone breaching your security. As many people have said safe surfing and safe practices are the best way and scanning emails that you are suspect. Dpends what you need secured they both are pretty good and very much of a muchness and in my opinion personally I would use emsisoft. Purely because of privacy concerns and how they handle your data.

If you have a look at their data handling policy and user agreement they seem to word it more favourably towards the end user. I personally am switching to them from bitdefender and avast for my systems at home.

Remember Strong passwords, Various email I.D's and two stage verfication for anything that is important in your emails. Also encryption if you have sensitive folders on your computer. Also a dedicated anti malware tool and software like Emsisoft or Kaspersky not both just one or the other. Also stengthen router password.

Hope this helps.

Scorpion :tophat:

#3 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:07 AM

Hi there,

If you are concerned about costs then Emsisoft is cheaper in the long run. Paid customers get 25% off when they renew after their first year and 5% for each year after that, up to a maximum of 60%.

I wouldn't concern myself about the firewall. If you are a home user then the Windows Firewall is good enough.

5 Reasons Why the Windows Firewall is One of the Best Firewalls

Of course the choice of using which suite is up to you.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Emsisoft Anti-Malware also has the added advantage of blocking the installation of most Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) (such as adware, spyware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers) if you enable that feature.

eam_pup_728x574_en.png

See my comments in Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools as to why I recommend Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users