Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lag moving between programs/tabs/windows after adding more RAM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 DESM0NDE

DESM0NDE

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:44 AM

I recently installed more RAM in my desktop since I was right on the border of my 8GB during gaming or intense internet browsing.  I looked up the exact RAM I had ordered in the past from my newegg history and ordered another set of 2x4gig sticks. I installed the new ram and it was recognized and seemed to be functioning fine, but now I have 3-5s of initial lag in almost every program when i switch over to it or change tabs.  Also HTML5 videos take a few seconds before they start, and after resuming the video the audio and visuals are out of sync for 10s or so.

I checked my bios and the the cas latencies and voltages are correct, I was wondering if there are any other fixes to try?

My Build:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410

Mobo: ASRock z77 Extreme4

CPU: i5-3570k

GPU: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G

PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 16(4x4GB) (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314)

edit: my virtual memory is currently set to 5-7GB(windows recommends 24GB).  I only have a paging file for my main SSD

Edited by DESM0NDE, 10 December 2015 - 05:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

My Build:

Sorry, but it is against forum rules to attempt to render assistance to members with illegal Windows installs or other indications of pirated/illegal software.

Excerpt:  "No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."