Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working properly.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:12 AM

I have Gateway NV53A24U laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I recently removed my keyboard because I was having USB problems, when I put it back together I didn't have full use of my keypad? I removed it again to be sure the ribbon was secure, and it seems to be. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I did notice that my ribbon seems to have a crease in it, would this cause some keys not to function? Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoFigure

GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:59 AM

To answer your question, it depends.  Sometimes the manufacturers will bend and crease the ribbon cables to make them fit the layout.  If it was like that when you removed it and you didn't try to unbend it and rebend it then it should be fine.  If it became creased because of the way you removed the keyboard then you may have broken one of the copper paths in it.  Usually you can find laptop keyboards on the internet at places like Amazon.com and laptopkeyboard.com but you have to be careful.  Amazon wants $14.75 while laptopkeyboard wants 56.88 for the same thing. (http://www.amazon.com/LotFancy-keyboard-NV53A05U-NV53A11U-NV53A24U/dp/B004WQQN8Q)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users