Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant BSOD and freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leonaphantasia

leonaphantasia

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:06 PM

I am posting this on behalf of a friend, because his bsod and crashes are happening too often.

So this has been happening for a couple months now, my computer will run completely fine and then out of no where it will bluescreen with a stop:0000124 error. Sometimes it will happen in game, sometimes just while I'm watching netflix. Sometimes it bluescreens once, sometimes over and over again. And today it's gotten worse, after the bluescreen, I'll log into the computer and everything will freeze instantly, my keyboard, mouse, windows, everything will stop working...and the weird thing is..I have to do a system restore everytime it does that or it'll continue to happen. I'll load into my computer fine, I can open task manager and everything and then after a few seconds it freezes and then I have to do the recovery again.

My temps are not ridiculously hot or anything. my gpu idles at 40 and my cpu idles at 50. Maybe not the lowest but it definitely shouldn't cause problems. My CPU usage is not high, memory usage is not high and everything appears to be normal.
I have ran the following virus scanners: Malwarebytes, Norton, windows defender.

I am completely lost on what could be causing the issue(s).

Any ideas?

We've looked up the code on google, and we have tried finding articles online to no luck. I have read the pinned thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
and told my friend to follow the instructions so I can attach it to this post but he is too paranoid to be downloading anything because he has no idea what is wrong with his computer... Not sure what step to take next.

and I hope someone here can help us with this problem. Thank you!

Edited by leonaphantasia, 09 December 2015 - 08:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:45 AM

If he doesn't want to follow the instructions, there's not much we can do to help.

First off, a STOP 0x124 error is most often a hardware problem - but can also be due to incompatibilities or even problems with low-level drivers

To start to rule out hardware, he'll have to run diagnostics (I maintain a list of free one's here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html)

But as he's too paranoid to download them, there's no way for him to run them.

As we can't fix things, there's only one other option - backing up his data, then wiping the computer clean and reinstalling Windows.

Here's a link on how to do it "clean" (which will help to rule out incompatibilities and low-level driver issues):  http://www.carrona.org/canned.html#clean

The procedure was written with Vista/W7 in mind, but can be used (with minor changes) for W8/10

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users