Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube's Google Notifications Open in a New Tab

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Campo1988

Campo1988

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hello.

I have more than one account on youtube and I logged in to one of them today to view any replies to my comments. As usual, it opened the repies of each I clicked on on the right-hand side under the icons, and I was able to read and reply to them. I logged out then logged into another account and did exactly the same, yet this time when clicking on them it opens them in a new tab. It gives me the video the replies belong to and the original comment in the thread, then underneath it says, "View [number] replies on YouTube" which is extremely idiotic because that opens the video link  and all comments by everyone on that video. How am I supposed to be able to go through tens of thousands of.comments, potentially, just to find the single ones of my own and any replies to mine?!

I did search on the internet before coming here, but as expected the internet wasn't helpful. I haven't changed any settings as far as I know. I haven't been logged into any youtube account for months and months. When I used to log in before, all the comments opened properly in the same way as I described first above, now this account has decided to change and I don't know why, and I can't find the thread with my replies in.

Please help!

Edit:

I also have auto-play set to OFF but videos still play automatically and buffer which wastes my limited internet usage.

"Meet the new Google+. Simpler, faster, better. Preview it today." I can't comment on that lest I say "naughty words" and am in trouble on here! It's absolutely [expletive deleted] and stupid beyond all reason, except to be annoying and stupid.

I am on Chrome at the moment and it is doing this. The reason I am using Chrome is because on Firefox it decides to be more stupid and not show the notifications box from the icon on the top-right of the page properly; it shows part of it on the screen and part of it off; I can't scroll right because it doesn't have anywhere to go. I logged in on FF and tried it but clicking on the notifications doesn't do anything.

Edited by Campo1988, 09 December 2015 - 07:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Campo1988

Campo1988
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Bump

#3 Campo1988

Campo1988
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

No-one knows, but they are too scared to admit that they don't know.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

What do you think that those who don't know are supposed to post in response?   

If you haven't cleared your browser cache you should.  I find all sorts of inexplicable problems have their genesis somewhere in cache corruption.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:02 PM

Guess what? I don't know, and I didn't reply to avoid starting a precedent of everybody following my example. Then there being a dozen or more, I don't knows as replies. Then having you complain we are filling your topic up with useless replies.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users