Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

UAC Password Issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 scoot28

scoot28

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

Hey all !  I've got some questions on how to fix my UAC Password Issues.

First, so you know how I got to this issue, I think?     I reset Windows 10 due to multiple issues and it ask me to add a windows account and password, so I did (big mistake).  Now every time I bootup my computer I have to enter a password, and I don't like that. So, I got to UAC and uncheck the box showing password thinking all will be fine.  NO, now I cannot change anything, or password. Even when I get a screen to enter an administrator password there's nowhere to type the password, weird?  This is over my head and I'm in need of some real expertise.

let me know if there's anyway to fix this

thanks

Scoot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

Start by seeing if you can create another user account (make it an Administrator account)

Also,select "Local account" rather than a Microsoft account

Don't forget to set a password (in the next step we'll describe how to avoid it at login)

Then, go to Start...Run and type in "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and press Enter

In the next window, left click once on the name of the account you want to login with

Then. at the top of the dialog is a check box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"

Remove the check mark from it.

Then click on "Apply"

A dialog will pop up asking you to enter the password (and confirm it).
Do that and then click on OK to exit the dialogs.

Reboot to see that you automagically logon to the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 scoot28

scoot28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:07 AM

Hey USASMA,   I can't even get into the UAC.  When I Control Panel > User Account and I click on manage UAC I get a popup saying "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your pc?". And it also says to type an administrator password but there's nowhere to enter the password and the yes button is grayed out, I guess because I haven't entered a PW. The is the same popup box I get when I try to update anything from a driver to adobe flash. 

I'm I doing something wrong?

THANKS

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

Not much else left to try.

If you can, do another reset? 

Can you recall if Windows has been activated?

If you can access a Command Prompt, type "slmgr /xpr" (without the quotes)

If it says you're permanently activated, then you'll be able to activate this hardware easily after a clean install.

You can use the W10 media creation tool to download and install a fresh copy of W10 - and that should work correctly for you.

Another option is to revert to the operating system that came on the system.

Recovery disks are usually available from the manufacturer's of the system.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
  •  

Posted 12 December 2015 - 10:09 PM

I don't have Windows 10 so I don't know whether or not this will work the same way as my Windows 7 or at all

I'm following up on the recommendation to run "control userpasswords2" in post #2

Can you access command prompt (Run as administrator)

When I ran it I was given an option to press CTRL-ALT-DEL and then given an option to Change Password

It's probably a long shot but I would try it

If that doesn't work you might be able to get into Advanced Startup Options

Check out

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

One feature that has worked for me on some Windows 10's is to cause at least two consecutive within two minutes of boot completion.

--- (one time I had to do 4 of them)

--- Then hopefully you'll be able to use the choices available

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users