Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After Removing Malware i cant Connect

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 YoshiEffect

YoshiEffect

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:20 PM

Hi guys so i just Removed some viruses from my computer Using Malwarebiyes but now i cant connect on Google chrome Firefox and Internet Exploerer what should i do i already tryed checking the box on the Lan setting but nuthing worked i have googled with the same issues orther people have but i still cant connect 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:53 PM

G'day YoshiEffect, and Welcome to BC

The link below takes you to a comprehensive article by quietman7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563709/cannot-connect-to-internet-browsers-after-using-awdcleaner/#entry3600427

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 YoshiEffect

YoshiEffect
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

i stll dont know what im doing this sucks :(

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,037 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:32 PM

Try re enabling your connection  with this :

Please click Start > Run, type inetcpl.cpl in the runbox and press enter.
Click the Connections tab and click the LAN settings option.
Verify if "Use a proxy..." is checked, if so, UNcheck it and click OK/OK to exit.
Now check if the internet is working again.

OR.....If you are using Windows 7..
Download  Click Me
then...Right click on winsockfix.bat    and then click on Run As Administrator

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

i stll dont know what im doing this sucks :(

Did you try?

Internet connectivity problems can occur for a variety of reasons. The link provided by Condobloke includes common (but simple) steps with specific instructions which can help resolve connectivity issues.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 YoshiEffect

YoshiEffect
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:50 PM

#4 i am using windows 8.1 i tryed resetting it to factory but it feels like its complety dead the computer looks fine but anything on connection part is dead but im on my laptop and it works

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,037 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Try running this for me.

Please download  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ to desktop to run it.
 Checkmark the following boxes:

• List content of Hosts
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
 Click Go and Copy / Paste the result. (result.txt)

and then run this.

Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.

• There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
  • You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. This gives a preliminary reading, and clears your Antivirus/Antimalware programs.
    You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.
  • rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/
  • iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash for a minute or so, and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • Do not reboot until you run the next few tools.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.
  • When the scan is done Notepad will open with Rkill log.
  • Post it in your next reply.

NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users