Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Workaround to lack of functional USB ports on Macbook Pro?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jjossie

jjossie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hi everyone,
I've got a mid-2010 MacBook Pro that I use for music production and for some reason, as of late, both of my USB ports no longer work. They will transmit a little bit of power, but no data. I've tried my phone via cable and several flash drives. I've done some research and apparently they can't be replaced (at least, not easily). I need to be able to connect (primarily) a flash drive, possibly an external hard drive, and a MIDI keyboard (that one is most important), but not all at the same time. So what are my options? Could I use the Firewire and/or Thunderbolt ports and an adapter to connect my necessary USB devices? If so, what adapters should I use? Is there any way to fix the USB ports themselves? I have already done both a PRAM and an SMC reset, with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users