Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! My built computer keeps freezing/Locking up.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cooltronics

Cooltronics

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

I built a computer and am having a very annoying issue. At first I could make it freeze every time by running multiple browser tabs. I thought it might be the video card so instead of using the on board bought a geforce 660FX. That seemed to stop it from crashing every 30minutes but continues to crash what seems to be randomly now and much more infrequent. It could happen 2 times in 1 day or not for nearly a month and it could happen at any point even when its asleep. When the computer randomly locks up/freezes the only solution is powering it down. Some things I have tested: This happens in safe mode, I have run Memtest with no errors, ran Ran 3dMark for over an hour, checked power in bios for my ram, unistalled all anti virus, CPU temp idling at 40C. I tried the ram sticks one by one. Next im swapping out the power supply.

Windows 7 32bit

My gear:

CORSAIR 500W power supply
Intel i7-3770K processor
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 motherboard
Team Vulcan 2x4GB DDR3 PC3 19200
Mushkin 240GB SSD
Geforce 660FX

Thank you in advanced. I'm pulling my hair out...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Cooltronics

Cooltronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

Thank you for the quick response. Not sure if this means anything but the computer did freeze during the perfmon report once.

Attached Files

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:09 PM

Lot's of Intel SmartConnect errors in the Admin logfile.  Please download a fresh copy, then uninstall the current copy, then install the freshly downloaded copy.

Problems with AVG in the Admin logfile.  Please download a fresh copy, then uninstall the current copy, then install the freshly downloaded copy.

A whole pile of QuickBook problems in the Admin logfile.  Please download a fresh copy, then uninstall the current copy, then install the freshly downloaded copy.

Be sure that you have your product ID/serial numbers available before doing this - as you'll need them when reinstalling.

A couple of Windows Update errors in the Admin logfile.  Make sure that you can get Windows Updates without getting error messages - and that you have ALL available updates.

Intel Graphics is disabled in the perfmon report.  Did you deliberately disable it?  If you did, why did you do so?

You've included a copy of the BSOD posting instructions text file - not a copy of the reports that are requested.
Please try to generate the reports again.

If having difficulties, try this other app which will get the information that I need:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Cooltronics

Cooltronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:45 AM

Sorry about the bsod posting's I was in a hurry. I Disabled the Intell onboard graphics because I thought that was causing this problem and I put in the geforce video card.

I Uninstalled the intell smart connect altogether that looks like just an updater. AVG I just reinstalled and quickbooks I will do as soon as I have a bit more time with the computer.

Thank you.

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:50 AM

Please enable the Intel graphics and ensure that you're update it's driver to the latest, W7 compatible version.

Please uninstall ASRock XTU and ASRock Instant Boot

I've seen problems with these in the past.

Then we see if it's been fixed......

#7 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

Urr why use the 32bit version of windows?

That hardware is 64bit compliant

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#8 Cooltronics

Cooltronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:30 AM

I will make these changes Usasma and let you know when/if it crashs again! thank you for looking into this!

MadmanRB. It was the only operating system I had available at the time.

#9 Cooltronics

Cooltronics
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:50 AM

Well so far so good. I think it may have just been the Asus bloatware.

Thank you very much for all of your help!

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

Glad to hear it.  Thanks for letting us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users