Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Still Sending SPAM despite numerous password changes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:52 AM

I have two email accounts that I use regularly. It appears that both these accounts have been compromised, as those in my contact lists (myself included) have been receiving SPAM messages. This has been happening for quite some time over the past few months, and I have already changed passwords a number of times for both accounts. I only use webmail on my PC and Yahoo and Google Mail apps on my android devices.

This seems to be adequate for a short time before those accounts start sending out spam email again.

Is there a way to tell if my accounts have been compromised (password hacked), or if my email address is is just being used for display (I think this is called spoofing?. There is never any email in my sent folders, yet undeliverable messages are coming to my inbox. I have done numerous virus checks with AVG (on all my devices), and Malwarebytes, and both have come up with negative results.

I'm feeling a bit anxious as to whether I need to worry about a compromised computer or a victim of spoofing. Neither makes me feel very good, but I feel a bit better knowing there isn't too much I can do about spoofing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CorruptCoW

CorruptCoW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:16 PM

Windows 7 64 bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users