Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC "opencl.dll" Hash Mismatch Error

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:27 AM

Good day. I just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 on my Maingear Shift computer. I used the Media Creation Tool to do the clean install from Windows 7 Pro x64. I have a minor issue and I would like to seek some expert advice.

SFC Integrity Violations:

2015-12-08 14:48:44, Info                  CSI    00004590 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2015-12-08 14:48:44, Info                  CSI    0000459b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2015-12-08 14:50:27, Info                  CSI    0000599e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2015-12-08 14:50:27, Info                  CSI    000059a1 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:10]"opencl.dll" of microsoft-windows-RemoteFX-clientVM-RemoteFXWDDMDriver-WOW64-C, version 10.0.10586.0, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
Those are the only errors in the CBS.log. I wasn't experiencing problems with the computer when I ran the "sfc /scannow" command. I had finished installing all of my programs and data and I just wanted to ensure that everything was compatible, since some of my programs are several years old.

Speccy Snapshot

I have done some research on this and from what I understand there is some kind of conflict between my Nvidia GTX-580 drivers, which are the latest (Version 359.06 [2015-12-01]), downloaded directly from the Nvidia. Perhaps they have been sideswiped by a Windows 10 update - there have been at least two since I started the clean install last Thursday and then reinstalled all of my programs and data.

Link 1 to opencl.dll SFC Error
Link 2 to opencl.dll SFC Error
Link 3 to opencl.dll SFC Error
Link 4 to opencl.dll SFC Error

I know about the "dism ..." command and "sfcfix", but from what I have read, they might not be effective in fixing this issue and might cause other issues. I could uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia driver, but then would the next Windows update just corrupt the Nvida "opencl.dll" file again ... ?

I confess to not knowing as much as I would like to know about Windows 10 (one of the reasons I decided to "upgrade", via a clean install, to Windows 10). It is a learning curve and there have been a few glitches that "Mr. Google" and I have been able to solve :)

Any expert advice with respect to solving this sfc issue would be much appreciated. Perhaps nothing can be done for now until Microsoft and Nvidia learn how to play nicely in the same sandbox ... :)

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Graduate of the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Study Hall

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:34 AM

Phil,

As you've already surmised there are myriad reasons that SFC errors can occur that are entirely innocuous in nature.  If you are not having any functional issues with your system I'd do nothing.  Not having perfect results from SFC does not always imply impending doom, in fact it frequently doesn't imply impending doom.   If you start having quirky behavior you already have more to go on than most do and have a good idea of where to start.  My guess is that you won't have any issues.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#3 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Topic Starter

• 3,893 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

Brian:

Thank you for your reply. No, I am not experiencing any issues, but I don't like SFC errors and I was wondering if anyone here, with a lot more Windows 10 experience and knowledge than I have, might have a cure for this. My Windows 10 "newbie" sense is that I, and others, might have to wait for Nvidia and Microsoft to sort this out as they seem to have problems playing in the same sandbox at the present time, based on the links that I cited in my first post! :)

I am open to suggestions. What I don't want to do is corrupt my Windows 10 installation. It took me almost a week to get things just about fully functional again and backed up. I hate being without a few recent system images!

Thanks again, Brian. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:35 PM

Hi Phil :)

This is a known issue with the Windows 10 Upgrade 1511 and if you have a certain graphic card installed. If you want it to be fixed, you should head over at a Sysnative (in the Windows Update section) so I can create a fix for you.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:47 AM

Hi Phil and Aura,

i have the same problem and I am interested in the fix this problem. Could You give more details ? Are You able to help me also?

#6 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Topic Starter

• 3,893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:49 AM

Aura:

Thank you very much for your very kind offer of assistance.  Yes, from what I had researched, this is a known issue with Nvidia cards/drivers.

As you have requested, I have just posted in the Windows Update Forum over at Sysnative.

I am a bit of an anal-retentive when it comes to sfc errors on my computer.  I do know that not all are serious, but I just don't like to see them at all.

Have a great day, Aura, and thank you.

Regards,

-Phil

#7 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

Phil can You tell me how can i post in the windows update forum over sysnative? because i don't understand exactly this?

#8 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Topic Starter

• 3,893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:36 AM

Venosaur:

Sure can.  Go to the "Sysnative Forums" website and ensure that your browser pop-blocker (or any other pop-up blocker) is disabled, just long enough to "Register" (top right).  The website uses a "pop-up" window to confirm registration.  Fill out the information required and register.  After successful registration, and a log-in, then re-enable your pop-up blocker, if you so desire.

Once registered, go to the "Windows Update" Forum and post a new thread with a description of your issue.

I hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

#9 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

Many thanks Phil :)

#10 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:59 AM

Phil can I see Your topic on the side? because i have the same. I would like to see what You wrote there :) I hope that no problem

#11 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Topic Starter

• 3,893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:35 AM

Venosaur:

Here is the link to my post at Sysnative.  As you can see, it just links back to my Post #1 in this thread, but you will be able to watch the thread and see what the response(s) are from Aura.

I would caution you, however, that no two computers are the same, particularly once they are in users' hands.  Aura might create a specific fix for my specific computer.  You will note that in my Post #1, I provided all of the sfc errors reported on my computer (just the four instances of the "opencl.dll" hash mismatch error), and the specifications of my computer, via a Speccy snapshot.

I would recommend that you open your own thread over at Sysnative so that any sfc errors that your computer is experiencing can be addressed.  It can be, and often is, dangerous to use fixes that were designed for use on a specific computer.  If Aura responds with a generic response, which applies to all computers with a similar Operating System and graphics hardware configuration, it might be safe to try that fix, but I would really suggest that you open your own thread there.  What you want to do is to fix your computer problem(s), not make them worse!

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

#12 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:42 AM

You are right. I opened my topic and and my sfc Scan. Now i have machine after clean install a the same. What a strange this is :) i will read a lot sides but without resolved this. Only here i found the same situations or similar. Thanks and all the best

#13 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:52 AM

I picked up both of your threads over there, it should be a quick fix :)

Thank you!

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#14 Venosaur

Venosaur

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:54 AM

Thank You Aura. You realy the best :)

#15 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Topic Starter

• 3,893 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

Aura:

Thank you.  I have replied to your request over there.  The first post in this thread has the exact, and only, lines in the cbs.log showing the 'opencl.dll" errors - I extracted those lines from the cbs.log file.  There were no other errors in the cbs.log file.  Will run another sfc scan if you want and post the entire cbs.log file over there, if that is what you need.

I will monitor the Sysnative Forum for your reply.  Thank you again, Aura, and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users