Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 530 laptop won't turn screen on after press power button

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vnmbxx

vnmbxx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Hi everyone!

I have a second-hand HP 530 Laptop. It was working fine for the first year. Last week, I closed its lid and then it slept, but I when I tried to restore my session, the power button is on but the screen is off. I thought it was an error and try to restart it, but only the power button light is on. The WiFi and Capslock light only flashed once and the fan was still running & I can feel the heat from it. I removed a RAM and it worked fine. The slot #2 was seem to be dead, but when I tried to hot plug RAM here, CPU-Z could recognize it.

It was working again till yesterday. When I was working on it, the screen froze and the laptop automatically shut down. I tried to restart and the screen is dead, again.

Anyone have ideas about this? Thanks a lot! Please help me.

Edited by vnmbxx, 09 December 2015 - 03:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

If you shine a bright light at the screen, can you see anything?

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 vnmbxx

vnmbxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

If you shine a bright light at the screen, can you see anything?

No, I don't. I don't think it's about the screen or inverter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users