Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Who was win10 actually built for the users or Microsoft itself.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:26 PM

I wonder sometimes who win 10 was actually developed for. The average user or for Microsoft itself.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

I would say both

Easy to use for the consumer

And a way for Microsoft to make money (Bill Gates doesnt have enough Billions of dollars)

My answer......................................Both

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

I would say both

Easy to use for the consumer

And a way for Microsoft to make money (Bill Gates doesnt have enough Billions of dollars)

My answer......................................Both

Yep.  

[And I'll give Bill and Melinda Gates a lot of credit regarding the philanthropy they're doing with their windfall.  They could never spend it all on themselves even if they tried, and that doesn't seem to be their personal goal (though their home is nothing to sneeze at!).]

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 espinozaj140

espinozaj140

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:08 PM

Thats a totally out of box question that i came across in a long time. So to answer it, it was designed by Microsoft, for the user, so that Microsoft can benifit.

Regards,

Jose.E

#5 jargos

jargos

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:16 AM

Any corporation puts out a new product or service for buyers or users, with the purpose of maximising it's returns. What's new about that ?

Dannyboy, MSFT is not a benevolant society.

Bill Gates philanthropy ? Before we get too carried away in reverence of him lets consider some other perspectives.

- If I gave a  a thousand dollars to an appoved charity (or any approved amount) that amount would be 100% tax deductable. IOW, it would come straight off the bottom line of the tax I would otherwise have to pay to the State. So in effect, I am depriving a democratically elected government of that revenue, and taking the place of it, in dictating that spending. If I didn't give that donation, then I WOULD PAY THAT TAX. It's philanthro capitalism verses democracy. Same for Gates / MSFT, only many magnitudes greater.

- Next, firstly, let me say, I like Bill Gates. But he is human, like the rest of us, and subject to human falabilities.

Showy charity is nothing more than self aggrandisement, IMO. Well, no, not just in my opinion, but in the opinion of all the worlds major religions - not the least Christianity, where it is expressed best ..

Matthew 6:1 - 4

“Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret.

Yet to quote Bill on religion ..

"The moral systems of religion, I think, are super important. We've raised our kids in a religious way; they've gone to the Catholic church that Melinda goes to and I participate in".

Sorry Bill - you probably missed Matthews text, though you are far from alone in this.

- Lastly, other folk of normal wealth, may well give a lot more to charity - proportionally. So if we are to judge it by that measure, there is nothing special about Gates (or Buffet, or Zuckerberg, for that matter). As the poet Robert Blake put it

A poor mans farthing is worth more

Than all the gold in Africas shore ..

Linux Mint 17.2 Cinnamon on older, Pentium 4 desktop.

Win 7 on Medion Akoya i3 laptop

#6 jargos

jargos

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:19 AM

Relavant link ..

http://newint.org/features/2012/04/01/bill-gates-charitable-giving-ethics/

#7 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:01 PM

By the way Bill Gates is no longer CEO of Microsoft.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#8 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,628 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:37 PM

By the way Bill Gates is no longer CEO of Microsoft.

Maybe you posted in the wrong thread.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#9 smh76

smh76

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

IMO.....(speaking for only myself) Who cares!, it's the American way.....GREED and we are ALL GUILTY of it one way or another no matter how BIG or small. I'd make BILLIONS too if i had the chance and let's be honest....you would too!

If there is something you don't like or agree with what Microsoft is doing, guess what......there's always a computer geek out there that will create a decent and effective hack for you to use  :bananas:

#10 jargos

jargos

• Members
  • 664 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

Well, putting it in a more positive manner, I like capitalism. I like making money - nothing wrong with that at all.

What MSFT is doing is not illegal - though it is immoral IMO and many others. We've discussed the morality of this in many threads.

Computer hacking is also immoral / illegal.

#11 smh76

smh76

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Well, putting it in a more positive manner, I like capitalism. I like making money - nothing wrong with that at all.

What MSFT is doing is not illegal - though it is immoral IMO and many others. We've discussed the morality of this in many threads.

Computer hacking is also immoral / illegal.

True, it is infact immoral/ illegal,

As the old saying goes, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" It's a vicious cycle my friends ;-)

Oh...... I like making money too, profile pic is a subtle giveaway no? HAHA!

Edited by smh76, 06 February 2016 - 08:53 PM.

#12 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,884 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

I think they made it for themselves.

Sure I do think windows 10 is great, but its certainly not as good as windows 7 IMHO.

The big issue with windows 10 is Microsofts tactics with it, not the OS itself.

The forced upgrades, the bully tactics, everything wrong with Windows 10 is mainly Microsofts doing.

As an OS I love windows 10 but as a company Microsoft is really screwing things up.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#13 smh76

smh76

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

Personally I think it would be something awesome if they would play nice with Google and make everything compatible (as far as the phones anyway) 

More freedom with the android apps plus googles voice recognition it way way waaaay better than cortana's non English speaking behind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users