Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WIN 7 Sony Vaio VCPF12LFX

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ITGUY12

ITGUY12

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hello everybody,

Working on a customers pc keyboard backlight issues.  The backlight isn't working, and the sony control center doesn't have the option to enable the feature.  He claims it worked in the past.  I tried the download for the new control center, still no luck.  Tried installing the sony shared library, it says it cant install on this os, and yes I made sure it was the right os.  I reinsearted the cables to the mobo but nothing.   any idea guys??????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoFigure

GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:02 PM

This is not an uncommon problem.  However the fix is rather technical.  There is a fuse on the back of the motherboard that fails and has to be fixed.  There is a video on youtube that shows how to do this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZYLk-DtDNM

Edited by GoFigure, 08 December 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#3 ITGUY12

ITGUY12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Thank you, ill check the video out and see if its worth the work.  Out of all the forums ive been reading about this issue, youre the first one to say its that issue.

#4 GoFigure

GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

I apologize, this is for the screen backlight not the keyboard.  What is the model of the Vaio you are working on?

Unfortunately there are many issues with the Vaio backlight keyboards that render them unusable, particularly if the OS has been ugpraded or downgraded from the original OS that came on the system.  Verify that Windows 7  is the originally installed OS.

Edited by GoFigure, 08 December 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#5 ITGUY12

ITGUY12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Sony Vaio VCPF12LFX is the model with win 7 home premium

#6 GoFigure

GoFigure

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  

Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:28 AM

All the data I can find on the Vaio backlit keyboard points to the software.  Most of them are fixed with a reinstall of control center and the shared library.  Though there are situations related to OS that cause the backlight to quit working permanently.  Have you tried uninstalling the control center and shared library and then reinstalling both?  If you are sure the OS on the system now is the same that came on it from the factory we can rule that out.  Latest bios installed? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users