Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hard Drive Busy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kimberlet

Kimberlet

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514485/hard-drive-constantly-busy-for-some-reason - Hamluis.

I have the same issue with Windows 7, I will post a picture below.  It would be awesome if I could find out why the hard drive keeps whirling.  It is driving me crazy.  I work in a very quiet office and that is all I can hear.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 08 December 2015 - 11:37 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:10 AM

You really should start your own topic.

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installation begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for the different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

6.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Kimberlet

Kimberlet
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:46 PM

Thank you to the person who started my own topic.  I had better do some tutorials before my next post.  Thanks for all the help for the newbie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users