Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 consiglieri655

consiglieri655

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:14 AM

update: device manager says the following  and wont replace the driver, claiming I have the most recent version.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad File}
The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.

My family uses an HP/Compaq pc for the kids, now operating on Windows 10.  All of a sudden, the Logitech wireless keyboard (connected through the unifying fob) stopped working, although the Logitech wireless mouse connected in the same manner works .  I replaced the batteries in the keyboard without any luck.  I purchased a new Logitech wireless keyboard and managed to pair it through the unifying software, but again no luck.  I also tried a wired keyboard.  Again no luck.

I ran the find and fix troubleshooting application and it tells me that the HID Keyboard Device driver is missing, but the troubleshooter was unable to replace the driver.  I have not found a website that will enable me to download the driver, although there are many "missing driver" applications available that search and id missing drivers (none has found anything with the HID Keyboard one though).  The troubleshooter tells me to restart the computer, although this driver and other unknown device drivers weren't located or installed.  I have done so several times, but the keyboard remains inoperable. 

I suspect that this issue might be connected to the latest Windows 10 update which, for whatever reason, was not able to be downloaded 12/4.  I am running Norton as virus protection and firewall and it has not interfered with downloading or installation of previous Windows updates.

I have had to use the onscreen keyboard to operate the PC.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Edited by consiglieri655, 08 December 2015 - 08:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:41 AM

Mike,

I run Norton as well and have had the same experience - no problems

Suggest the following:

Remove the last update and disable Norton for long enough to re download and re-install the update

reboot and get the update

[fingers crossed]

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users