Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are 64-bit editions of Mozilla Browsers more secure than their 32-bit match?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:53 AM

Hi all!

I just built myself a new workstation computer with MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, and have installed EAM Pro, WinPatrol PLUS and HMP.A with CryptoGuard as my security setup.

I understand that 64-bit Windows is more secure against malware than its 32-bit match, but now I wonder;

Are 64-bit editions of Mozilla Browsers more secure than their 32-bit match?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 09 December 2015 - 09:17 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Am386SXL

Am386SXL

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:32 PM

I do not believe there would be any difference in security between 32 and 64 bit counterparts, unless there are differences in build numbers. If either one has an older version/build number then one can assume it doesn't have the same security fixes. If the same flaw is found in both 32 & 64, but they only fix it in the 32bit version then the software provider can probably be held accountable for any security breaches.

Edited by Am386SXL, 08 December 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 541 posts
  •  

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

Hi, Am386SXL!

Thank you for the prompt and thorough reply! :)

Great, then I can continue to use Mozilla Firefox 32-bit as I always have for more than 10 years (both on my previous and current computer). I have WOT, ABP and Ghostery browser add-ons for additional security.

Thank you very much for the help! :) The issue has been successfully resolved! :thumbup2:

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users