Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What the hell is going on?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceRadio

SpaceRadio

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hi All,

Why won't my Netgear 3G DGN2200 modem allow my Linksys RE3000W N300 Ranger extender to connect with it?

Could a setting my Netgear 3G DGN2200 modem be preventing my Linksys RE3000W N300 Range extender from connecting with it? What setting would this be and how would I change it?

Negear in the States just ignores my e-mails where I ask them about the Negear Router.

Best regards,

Yanni

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 logan55

logan55

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:46 PM

Hello Yanni,

have you tried these steps ?

Step 1:
Place the range extender midway between your router and the area without Wi-Fi and connect the extender to a power source and wait for the light on top of the extender to turn solid.  Be sure you have at least 50% of your router’s Wi-Fi signal at that point on the device you will use for setup.

NOTE:  For initial setup, you may need to set it up closer to the router.  For example, same room just for setup and once the extender is configured, you can then move it to the desired location.

Step 2:
On a computer, smartphone or tablet, connect to the Wi-Fi network name of the extender called Linksys Extender Setup.  This is the default wireless name of the extender.

Step 3:
Open a web browser on your computer, smartphone or tablet and access the RE3000W v2’s web-based setup page by entering “http://extender.linksys.com” or “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar. 

Step 4:
Once the Linksys Wireless Range Extender screen appears, click Start.

Step 5:
On the License Agreement screen, click I agree.

Step 6:
It will now search for available wireless networks.  Select your wireless network name or SSID.

NOTE:  If it prompts that your range extender is placed too close to your router, you can either click Connect anyway to continue or click Find better location to find the right spot between the router and the area to which you want to extend your network.

Step 7:
Enter the password of your wireless network in the blank field.  Then, click Next to connect to your network. 

After successfully connecting to your router’s wireless network, you will see a confirmation message saying, Your extender is now configured

Best regards,

logan

#3 SpaceRadio

SpaceRadio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for the information Logan.

The Setup wizard didn't work. 

I had to add the Linksy Extender RE3000 Mac Address into the Netgear 3G DGN2200M router for the Linsky Extender to configure with the Netgear 3G DGN2200M modem and to boost the Netgear 3G DGN2200M modem Wi Fi Signal.  I got the Linksy Wi fi Extender about 3 metres away from the Netgear 3G Modem and the network Wi Fi signal is strong now in the house. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users